Government of Puducherry, Centralized Admission Committe (CENTAC) has announced the notification for professional degree courses like Engineering, Medical, Pharmacy and Nursing for the academic year 2017.
Eligibility Criteria & Educational Qualifications for CENTAC 2017Every year the examination will conducted for the candidates who have already passed HSc or an equivalent qualifying examination. Government of Puducherry through the Centralised Admission Committee (CENTAC). Candidates belonging to Other States /UT’s are eligible to apply for the B.Tech., B.P.T., B.Sc. (Nursing),B.Sc. (MLT)., & B.Pharmacy., M.B.B.S., B.A.M.S., B.D.S., B.V.Sc. & A.H Degree courses offered by the Colleges run by the societies of the Puducherry Government.
Admission to the above degree courses is based on the performance of the candidates in the Higher Secondary or equivalent board examination. Candidates from other States/other UTs, Those who appeared for JEE (Main) 2017 are only eligible for the admission of B.Tech Degree course.
They can seek admission only to B.Tech degree course offered by
- Puducherry Engineering College.
- Perunthalaivar Kamarajar Institute of Engineering and Technology, Karaikal.
- B.P.T., B.Pharm, B.Sc.(Nursing) and B.Sc.(MLT) degree courses offered by Mother Theresa Institute of Health Sciences, (MTPG&RIHS), Puducherry
Age LimitAge limit for various courses is given below. The age limit will be varies by course wise.
- For B.S.C (Nursing), B.A.M.S, M.B.B.S, B.D.S, B.V.S.C & A.H should have minimum age of 17 years old and there is no upper age limit.
- B.Tech students the upper age limit should be 21 years old.
- B.P.T students have minimum 17 years old and the upper age limit should be 25 years.
- B.Pharmacy & B.S.C students there is no age limit.
Age relaxation will be applicable for SC, ST category students. Relaxation up to three years for OBC/BCM/MBC/EBC/BT candidates and five years for SC candidates.
How to fill the CENTAC Online Application 2017
The procedure for seeking admission to the stipulated courses in the various Institutions consists of
- Submission of admission applications to CENTAC.
- Online submission of choice of course and concerned college
- Open the official website https://centaconline.in
- Click on the Centac online application form 2017 download link.
- Download the application form with complete details.
- Read the given details in the application form.
- Fill the form with required details.
- Attach a copy of passport size photograph on application form.
- Send application form directly to Centac University before the closing date to the following address.
Address to send Application form'The Convener" CENTAC office PEC Campus,
Puducherry - 605 014.
- Online application fee for one course is 500 rupees and for SC/ST candidates need to 250 rupees.
- For two courses is 750 rupees and for SC/ST candidates need to 350 rupees.
- Three courses is 1000 rupees and for SC/ST candidates need to 500 rupees.