Aadhaar Card UIDAI service is offered by the Unique Identification Authority is given the opportunity to update or edit Aadhaar Card data for citizens. This is unique ID proof given to each individual of Indian which can be used for many other features. Please note that this is not just an ordinary card or else this card can be used to replace all other existing card for ID such Ration or Passport. It has its own importance and can be used wisely for applying for different services, government functions and schemes.
After applying and getting your Aadhaar card you can still make corrections on the card that's way many more citizens are need to make changes of Aadhaar Card to edit or update their mistakenly enter name, date of birth or resident address and etc. The UIDAI provided Aadhaar Card edit is very simple and incredibly fast to edit for your Aadhaar Card corrections through online and offline mode for postal service. Post service is also available but it takes time and it not wisely recommended.
Aadhaar Card Edit of UIDAI Data Correction OnlineAfter enrolling of Aadhaar card you might find many corrections to be done in your card. So as to apply for correction you can follow either online procedure or post. But most of the citizens prefer online UID card correction procedure as it much easier and simple.
What kind of Aadhaar Correction and Edits we can do through online
Mostly we can edit all of our card details by applying online. To be precise we can change of name, Gender, Date of birth, Address, Phone number, Email only. Please note that you cannot edit more than listed details in our Aadhaar card through post or Online as well.
Required Documents for Edit Aadhaar Card Corrections and Update Online
While requesting for Aadhaar edits and corrections in your present card you will have to upload and link respective certificate or documents. I have listed out few important documents.
- Date of birth certificate
- Ration Card
- Mobile bills
- First respective candidate must go to UIDAI Aadhaar card update website
- Then click on “To submit your update/Correction request please”
- After that you will have to login with your Aadhaar card number, then click send OTP and enter verification code
- Now you will have to enter the received one time password on your registered mobile number
- After that move to step 2 “Data Update Request” , here check the correction you want to make from below list and click on Submit button
- Then you will be able to make the necessary corrections as per your minds, and finally you have to upload your documents related to that correction
- Finally you will be given your own Update Request Number URN for correction