PNR number will be printed on the top left corner of Printed ticket (Tickets which will be taken from Railway ticket booking window) If you have booked the ticket though online IRCTC website then the PNR number will be printed at top separate cell of Ticket.
How to IRCTC PNR Status Check OnlineThose passengers having reservation tickets can check their PNR status from Indian Railways Passenger Reservation Enquiry by following the below given procedure. So follow below steps to check the status in different methods.
- Open the Indian Railway official website of http://www.indianrail.gov.in
- Select PNR Status Option
- Enter your PNR Number witch is the printed on ticket
- Enter the Chaptha Code
- Click on Get Status Option
Through Phone Call:
You need to Dial 139 which connect to the operator then ask for your PNR Status to IRCTC Operator with Saying the PNR number printed on ticket and you status will be said by operator.
You can also know the ticket status through message, By sending the SMS to 54959, 5676747 and 57886 from any mobile network. Below are methods to send SMS to this above given numbers.
- PNR <10-digit PNR number> to 5676747
- PNR <10-digit PNR Number> to 54959
- PNR <10-digit PNR Number> to 139
- IRPNR <10-digit PNR Number> to 57886
There are two official website through which PNR status can be known
They are Train PNR Status and Indian Railways
Indian Railways Abbreviation:
- SL - Sleeper Class
- 3A - AC 3 Tier
- 3E - AC 3 Tier Economy
- 2S - Second Sitting
- FC - First class
- 2A - AC 2-tier sleeper
- 1A - First class AC
- GN – General Quota
- DF - Defence Quota
- CK - Tatkal Quota
- CKW - Tatkal Quota waiting list
- WL - Waiting List
- RAC - Reservation Against Cancellation
- SS – Travelling Alone Female Quota (above 45 Year) / Senior Citizen Quota
- LD – Ladies Quota
- HP - Physically Handicapped Quota
Make sure you keep your ticket safe with you without getting damage. Without PNR number it is difficult to check the status of your respective ticket. You can follow three method to know your status and confirm the ticket. Status will be changed daily so it is compulsory to check the status of your respective ticket.