Indian Passport is Passport issued to Indian citizen for travelling abroad. This is issued by the government of India. As per Passport Act 1967 it bearer to Travel aboard and serves as an Identification card of Indian citizen. Passport is issued at 162 mission aboard and 37 locations in India. The ministry of external affair will be functioning to serve and issuing to all eligible Indian s those who applied. People from Any area can apply for passport by submitting an online request from.
How to get Duplicate Passport - if you have lost or forgottenWho have lost or forgotten they can follow the below procedure to get your old passport by submitting and request letter through online.
- Firstly go to Passport online official website
- Then in “Service desired” option in home page click on “New Passport in lieu of Damage/Lost Passport” link
- Fill the application form correctly and get the Slot booked
- You need to dual sign the application with last paper as notarized
- Go to the nearest passport office and submit your documents required
Below are documents that need to be submitted along with request application form
- Application dual signed by applicant
- Old passport photograph (if any) / FIR copy
- Identify proof like Aadhaar card, Ration card, voter id card
- Notarized application attested by officer
- Date of birth/ study certificate
- Documents contain the date of issue/date of expire/ passport number of old passport
Must ensure that you’re having a photograph of passport lost which is an mandatory document. All the documents submit must match the details like Name, Address and Date of Birth of presiding Passport. Government of India will be strictly considering the re-issue of duplicate passport.