Those families who are allowed to take Ration form fair shop must ensure the amount of commodity is same and exact items are given by them. Ration card is an identification card to citizen of Indian which will be issued by the respective state or Union territory. Andaman and Nicobar Union Territory will be issuing the BPL (Below poverty line), APL (Above poverty line) and AAY (Antyodya Anna Yojana) to all the people. It is must that everyone must have it. This also serves as identification proof in India as citizen of India.
Check status of Ration Card Andaman and Nicobar:
Those families who have applied for Ration card in Andaman and Nicobar Island have got their responsive acknowledgment slip. Below is the procedure to know the status of Ration will the acknowledgement slip through online.
- Firstly go to Directorate of Civil supplies and consumer affair official website
- Then click on “Check your Ration card” icon in home page
- Now select the Tehsil you belong to
- Now enter the Ration card number which will be in Acknowledgement slip
- Click on search button and Ration card status will be shown below
- Note down the information and if Ration card is issue then collect tit form nearest Civil supple office
- If not issued wait for the proceeding to be down.
- Issue of New Ration Card 15 days in South Andaman District and 30 Days in North & middle Andaman and Nicobar district.
- Transfer the Card 07 days in South Andaman District and 15 Days in North & middle Andaman and Nicobar district.
- Deletion or addition of Ration Card 03 days in South Andaman District and 07 Days in North & middle Andaman and Nicobar district.
- Issue of duplicate Ration Card 07 days in South Andaman District and 14 Days in North & middle Andaman and Nicobar district.
Make sure you keep the acknowledgement slip safe with you. Correctly follow the above proceed to know your Ration card status.